We are excited to introduce the NIH-funded University of Washington Summer Research Experience in Translational Neuroscience and Neurological Surgery Program Class of 2021!
This year’s students are:
- Patrick Bi (Rice University, Houston TX)
- Yasha Chapman (University of Nevada, Las Vegas NV)
- Hanna Cottnair (University of Puget Sound)
- Duke Escobar (University of Hawaii at Hilo)
- Natalia Kadolph (Northwestern University, Evanston IL)
- Citlali Mendez (University of Colorado-Boulder)
- Christopher Ponce (University of Washington, Seattle)
- Bronya Sandorffy (University of Michigan, Ann Arbor MI)
- Afua Tiwaa (University of Washington, Bothell)
- Rose Wang (University of Washington, Seattle)
The students will have a 2-week virtual experience from 6/21/2021-7/2/2021. During this time students will have reading assignments from their labs and will provide supportive lab work in the form of data gathering and data analysis, and/or literature searches and reviews. Students will also take part in Zoom meetings such as lab meetings, Grand Rounds, Resident Education Hour, and the Friday Faculty Lecture Series.
The students will then have a 6-week in-person experience 7/6/2021-8/13/2021 where they will take part in lab activities and attend lab meetings, Friday Faculty Lecture Series, Grand Rounds, Resident Education Hour, the Career Development Skills Series offered by the Seattle Children’s Research Institute program, social and team-building events as well as the Graduation Presentation and Event on 8/13/2021.
Please join us in welcoming the Class of 2021!