James is a resident physician in neurological surgery at the University of Washington. His career interests lie in neurotrauma and critical care. He is also interested in designing technologies that help both physicians and patients interact with healthcare systems. Prior to residency, James received a BS from Carnegie Mellon University, an MD from Stanford University, and worked in product design at various healthcare-focused startup companies. In his spare time, James enjoys weightlifting and photography.
Neurotrauma and Critical Care
Carnegie Mellon University
Stanford University School of Medicine
- Pan J, Ho A, Pendharkar A, Sussman E, Casazza M, Chesheir S, Grant GA.
Brain abscess due to Trueperella bernardiae in a child. Surgical Neurology International. 2019; In Press.
- Azad T, Pendharkar A, Pan J, Huang Y, et al. Surgical outcomes and natural history of pediatric intramedullary spinal cord tumors— single center series and meta–analysis. Journal of Neurosurgery Pediatrics. 2o18; 22(4):404-410.
- Pan J, Quon J, Johnson E, Lanzman B, Chukus A, Ho AL, Edwards MSB, Grant GA, Yeom K. Rapid-sequence brain magnetic resonance imaging for Chiari I abnormality. Journal of Neurosurgery Pediatrics. 2o18;22(2):158-164.
- Pan J, Jabarkheel R, Huang, Y, Ho A, Chang SD. Stereotactic Radiosurgery for Central Nervous System Hemangioblastoma: Systematic Review and Meta Analysis. Journal of Neuro-Oncology; 2018; 137(1):11-22.
- Hadley D, Pan J, El-Sayed O, Al-Jabban J, Al-Jabban I, Azad TD, Hadied M, Raza S, Rayikanti B, Chen B, Paik H, Aran D, Spatz J, Himmelstein D, Panahiazar M, Bhattacharya S, Sirota M, Munsen M, Butte AJ. Precision annotation of digital samples in NCBI’s Gene Expression Omnibus. Scientific Data (Nature Publishing Group); 2017;19(4):170125.
- Azad TD, Pendharkar A, Nguyen V, Pan J, Connolly ID, Veeravagu A, Ratliff JD, Grant GA. Diagnostic Utility of Intraoperative Neurophysiologic Monitoring for Intramedullary Spinal Cord Tumors—Systematic Review and Meta-analysis. Clinical Spine Surgery; 2017;31(3):112-119.
- Pan J, Ho A, D'Astous M, et al. Image-guided stereotactic radiosurgery for treatment of spinal hemangioblastomas. Neurosurg Focus; 2017;42(1):E12.
- Pan J, Connolly ID, Dangelmajer S, Kintzing J, Ho AL, Grant GA. Sports-related brain injuries: connecting pathology to diagnosis. Neurosurg Focus 2016;40(4):E14.
- Azad TD, Pan J, Connolly ID, Remington A, Wilson CM, Grant GA. Therapeutic strategies to improve drug delivery across the blood-brain barrier. Neurosurg Focus 2015;38(3):E9.
- Haeusser DP, Hoashi M, Weaver A, Brown N, Pan J, Thomason LN, Court DL, Margolin W. The Kil peptide of bacteriophage lambda blocks Escherichia coli cytokinesis via ZipA-dependent inhibition of FtsZ assembly. PLoS Genet 2014;10(3):e1004217.
- Fung KL, Pan J, Ohnuma S, Lund PE, Pixley JN, Kimchi-Sarfaty C, Ambudkar SV, Gottesman MM. mdr1 synonymous polymorphisms alter transporter specificity and protein stability in a stable epithelial monolayer. Cancer research 2014;74(2):598–608.
- Cullinane AR, Curry JA, Golas G, Pan J, Carmona-Rivera C, Hess RA, White JG, Huizing M, Gahl WA. A bloc-1 mutation screen reveals a novel bloc1s3 mutation in Hermansky-Pudlak Syndrome type 8. Pigment Cell Melanoma Res 2012;25(5):584–91.
- Savinov A, Pan J, Ghosh P, Hatfull GF. The Bxb1 gp47 recombination directionality factor is required not only for prophage excision, but also for phage dna replication. Gene 2012;495(1):42–8.
- Pan J, Huang Y, Grant GA (2019) Intravenous and intravascular drug delivery. Nervous System Drug Delivery. Elsevier.
- Pan J, Ho AL, Pendharkar A, Sussman E, Burns T (2017) Open Microvascular Decompression. Effective Techniques for Managing Trigeminal Neuralgia. IGI Global.
- Pan J, Pendharkar AV, Park J. Spinal Biomechanics. Intervertebral Disc Degeneration: Prevalence, Risk Factors, and Treatments. Nova Science Publishers.
- Pan J, Sussman E, Tayag A, Thompson P, Chang SD. Central Nervous System Hemangioblastomas: Part I—Incidence. Contemporary Neurosurgery 2015;37(25):1–5.
- Ho A, Pan J, Chow KK-H, Thompson P, Tayag A, Chang SD. Central Nervous System Hemangioblastomas: Part II—Diagnosis. Contemporary Neurosurgery 2015;37(26):1–7.
- Pan J, Pendharkar A, Tayag A, Thompson P, Chang SD. Central Nervous System Hemangioblastomas: Part III—Surgical Resection. Contemporary Neurosurgery 2016;38(1):1–5.
- Ho A, Pan J, Iyer A, Tayag A, Thompson P, Chang SD. Central Nervous System Hemangioblastomas: Part IV—Radiosurgical Treatment. Contemporary Neurosurgery 2016;38(2):1–5.